- 10-Jan-2017 to 10-Feb-2017 (EST)
- 93 North York DC
- Toronto, ON, CAN
- Full Time
About Sleep Country Canada:
At Sleep Country Canada / Dormez-Vous? We are crazy about sleep! Don't believe us!? We happen to be Canada's #1 mattress retailer with 235 stores nationwide and growing.
Working at Sleep Country Canada (SCC) / Dormez-Vous? (DV) is more than just a job, it's your opportunity to realize your full potential! We trust you to make the right decisions- you will be motivated and empowered every day to make a positive difference to your team, the customer experience, and the growth of our business.
At SCC/DV, we work hard but most importantly, we play hard! We are driven by a shared set of core values that focus not only on providing the best customer service, but also on recognizing, developing, and caring for our own associates (that means YOU!). At Sleep Country, we realize there is more to success than work and working with us will allow you to be a part of a strong, vibrant, and fun work environment.
Do you have what it takes?
- Provide day to day supervision of the work in the distribution centre
- Ensure your work force is trained to meet the work demands of the distribution center
- Be responsible for all aspects of performance management, staffing, training and development of their assigned workforce
- Coach and develop associates to meet organizational and personal goals
- Oversee all tracking of KPI's PFP, Recognition program
- Handle all administrative duties for all hourly associates (vacation request, personal day, PIP's etc.)
- Manage overall department process such as debriefing processes, transfers and fleet (5 ton trucks) as required
- Work closely in supporting other supervisors and overall delivery operations
- Oversee Truck inspections/Road worthiness
- Supervise loading dock, yard and transfers
- Support charity programs
- Run reports, route, take care of store transfers & manager building manifests,
- Provide customer service and support to customers, sales and delivery teams by responding to store e-mails and incoming telephone calls
- Facilitate weekly/monthly meetings, KBP, AOS etc.
Do you have?
- 1 to 2 years of previous experience in a supervisory role
- A college diploma in a related field? A university degree or post graduate certificates are considered an asset!
- 2 to 3 years of previous experience in a warehouse/delivery environment
- Knowledge and understanding of provincial transportation rules and policies (i.e. log books, trip inspections, checking them over making sure they are correct and up to date, etc.)
- Experience in managing in a unionized environment would be a big asset!
- Proficiency in Excel, Outlook, Word & Power Point
- The ability to speak French? Parlez-vous franais? That would be a huge plus!
Are you able to?
- Effectively provide coaching, mentoring and performance managemet
- Work on a flexible schedule 7 - day operations where days off might not be on the weekend
- Provide leadership, coaching and ongoing progress improvement to all associates
- Be a leader and motivate workers through greater teaching methods and demonstration
- Liaise and maintain relations with external vendors, clients, customers, etc. in a respectful way at all times
- Understand all aspects of picking and home delivery operations and provide managerial assistance as required
- Concentrate while analyzing data
- Work on multiple projects multitasking!
- Travel from time to time
- Love managing as much as we love sleep!?!
As a member of the Distribution Center (DC) you will play a major role in making sure each and every purchase ends in a happy face! You will need to show passion for great service and a positive can-do attitude! We are big on support- so remember, as an employee at Sleep Country; you will always have the support of a dynamic team from the moment the order is placed to the moment you leave a customer's home. To uphold this level of awesomeness - we require our drivers to be available 7 days a week! This includes evenings and weekends. We love our employees as much as our customers; which, is why we can guarantee you'll feel challenged and at home each and every day!
If you're the successful candidate asked to join our team, we'll pay you to work here! Based on your experience, we'll offer you a competitive salary.
Some travel maybe required.
How to Apply:
Interested in joining our team? Please visit our career section of our website and apply online now! Also, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend!
Visit www.sleepcountry.ca for more details! (Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.)
Sleep Country Canada is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at (416) 242-4774 or email@example.com.
(We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority, and persons with a disability.)
A Better Career Starts Here!