- 29-Aug-2014 to 30-Sep-2014 (EST)
- 91 Victoria DC
- Victoria, BC, CAN
- Part Time
About Sleep Country Canada:
At Sleep Country Canada / Dormez-Vous? We are crazy about sleep! Don't believe us!? We happen to be Canada's #1 specialty retailer with over 200 stores nationwide and growing. That doesn't even include Sleep America, in Arizona, USA with 45 stores!
Working at Sleep Country Canada (SCC) / Dormez-Vous? (DV) and Sleep America (SA) is more than just a job, it's your opportunity to realize your full potential! We trust you to make the right decisions- you will be motivated and empowered every day to make a positive difference to your team, the customer experience, and the growth of our business.
At SCC/DV/SA, we work hard but most importantly, we play hard! We are driven by a shared set of core values that focus not only on providing the best customer service, but also on recognizing, developing, and caring for our own associates (that means YOU!). At Sleep Country, we realize there is more to success than work and working with us will allow you to be a part of a strong, vibrant, and fun work environment.
Do you have what it takes?
- Can you?
- Deliver our products to each and every customer's homes in a professional, friendly, and enthusiastic manner that has them screaming "WOW!"
- Motivate yourself and others to provide a jaw dropping delivery experience
- Work together as part of the Operations Team to achieve and exceed goals and expectations
- Promise to leave work the way you came in!? This means following all required health and safety procedures! Safety always comes first!
- Do you have?
- A high school diploma?
- A clean driver's abstract? Don't worry, we will over look a few smudges- but we need to know you can handle a wheel!
- A Valid Driver's License
- Experience with driving a 5-ton vehicle? ...Give or take a few pounds!
- Experience working within a warehouse or delivery capacity? This is considered an asset, so it's not mandatory!
- Bilingualism (English/French) is considered an asset. Parlez-vous français? That would be a huge plus!
- Are you able to?
- Lift a minimum of 88 lbs (40 kg's)?
- Think quickly and tackle problems on your own!
- Love our customers as much as we love sleep!?!
As a member of the Distribution Center (DC) you will play a major role in making sure each and every purchase ends in a happy face! You will need to show passion for great service and a positive can-do attitude! We are big on support- so remember, as an employee at Sleep Country; you will always have the support of a dynamic team from the moment the order is placed to the moment you leave a customer's home. To uphold this level of awesomeness- we require our drivers to be available 7 days a week! This includes evenings and weekends.We love our employees as much as our customers; which, is why we can guarantee you'll feel challenged and at home each and every day!
If you're the successful candidate asked to join our team, we'll pay you to work here! Based on your experience, we'll offer you a competitive salary.
How to Apply:
Interested to join our team? Please visit our career section of our website and apply online now! Also, If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend!
Visit www.sleepcountry.ca for more details! (Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.)
(We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority, and persons with a disability.)
A Better Career Starts Here!